about birdcage bridal veils
Birdcage veils are a perfect option for the non-traditional bride, accommodating a wide variety of styles. Would you prefer full-face coverage or asymmetrical veiling just over the eyes? Is your style classic vintage, chic, haute couture or a modern, rock-the-party look? Choices abound with birdcage veils!
- A petite veil is the perfect option for either a bride or her attendants. This small caplet veil may fall above the eyes, swoop down over one eye at an angle, or be used as a snood
- Short blusher veils fall to the bridge of the nose. They usually cover both eyes, but are also often worn angled, held in place by combs, pins or clips
- The bandeau runs side-to-side across the eyes with the fall determined by personal choice. It may even be worn across the top of the hair headband-style
- Blusher veils will cover most of the face and may fall anywhere from the tip of the nose to the lips or chin
- A full veil falls below the chin with partial to full covering of the face and hair. The true birdcage is a full veil worn in complete circumference of the head, giving the style its name
Complete your look by topping your veil with a floral hairclip, headband, fascinator, or even a fashionable small hat.
Veiling is available in white and ivory, either unadorned or with scattered pearls or crystals. In addition, veiling and tulle are available in a multitude of colors, including black, as options for the wedding party or special event pieces.
Looking for something non-traditional but not sure how you feel about the birdcage veil? Consider a bubble veil for a truly couture look. An airy double layer of illusion or fine tulle, the bubble veil may be combined with Russian netting and a floral or jeweled headpiece to create a look as simple or elaborate as you wish.